Friday, June 12, 2009

I love coupons! Really, I do. I admit that couponing takes a fair amount of work, but I am such a penny pincher that I think it is worth it (especially if you are trying to eat healthy or have specific dietary needs)! The trick is to not “clip” coupons. Instead, keep them in a binder until you need them. I will write about my coupon system later, in another post. For now I just want to rave about my good deal this week!

This week, Walgreen’s had a sale on Kashi and Kellogg’s cereal- 3 boxes for 10.00 (with a 3.00 Register Reward). I also had a 1.50 manufacturer’s coupon.

3 for $10.00 – $3.00 Reg. Reward – $1.50 Man. Coupon = $5.50 Total

That makes each box $1.84! That is a good deal!

I have been dying for some Kashi GoLean Crunch but refused to buy it because it is almost four dollars at Wal-Mart, at regular price! I just couldn’t live with myself if I paid that much for a box of cereal! I know, I really am a cheapskate!! But I love to save money and live sensibly. Paying four dollars for a box of cereal is not sensible (for me anyway)! However, by using coupons and smart shopping, I can still have the finer things in life… like Kashi cereal… hahahah! My mom thinks I’m crazy… maybe I am… muwhahaha!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment