Wednesday, January 20, 2010

Stevia- My Splenda Alternative



For years I have used Splenda as a sweetener. Of course, everyone has heard the dangers of artificial sweeteners, especially Splenda. Their moto used to be "made from sugar, so it tastes like sugar". Thus, leading people to believe it was a more natural sweetener. But they were forced to change it when they were sued for false advertising! I loved Splenda because of three things, 1) It measures cup for cup like sugar, 2) It is fairly cheap, and 3) It's a no calorie option. It is hard to find something that meets all those qualities. I did though!!


It's called "Stevia In the Raw". For those who don't know, Stevia is an all natural sweetener. You might know it by the brand names Truvia, SunCrystal, ect. Stevia In The Raw comes in a bag just like Splenda, measures like sugar, and its no calorie! It costs only a dollar more than Splenda, which I'm willing to pay for a healthier option! The only bad thing is that it isn't available everywhere. I can't seem to find it at ANY Walmart. But I did find it at my local Reasor's (grocery store), and I haven't checked Target yet.

So, no more sweetener to sugar ratios for me! Yay!

No comments:

Post a Comment